Percona is pleased to announce the availability of Percona Toolkit 2.2.15. Released August 28, 2015. Percona Toolkit is a collection of advanced command-line tools to perform a variety of MySQL server and system tasks that are too difficult or complex for DBAs to perform manually. Percona Toolkit, like all Percona software, is free and open source.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series. It includes multiple bug fixes as well as continued preparation for MySQL 5.7 compatibility. Full details are below. Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories.
--max-flow-ctloption to pt-online-schema-change and pt-archiver with a value set in percent. When a Percona XtraDB Cluster node is very loaded, it sends flow control signals to the other nodes to stop sending transactions in order to catch up. When the average value of time spent in this state (in percent) exceeds the maximum provided in the option, the tool pauses until it falls below again.Default is no flow control checking.
- Added the
--sleepoption for pt-online-schema-change to avoid performance problems. The option accepts float values in seconds.
- Implemented ability to specify
--check-slave-lagmultiple times for pt-archiver. The following example enables lag checks for two slaves:
pt-archiver --no-delete --where '1=1' --source h=oltp_server,D=test,t=tbl --dest h=olap_server --check-slave-lag h=slave1 --check-slave-lag h=slave2 --limit 1000 --commit-each
- Added the
--rdsoption to pt-kill, which makes the tool use Amazon RDS procedure calls instead of the standard MySQL
- Fixed bug 1042727: pt-table-checksum doesn’t reconnect the slave $dbh
Before, the tool would die if any slave connection was lost. Now the tool waits forever for slaves.
- Fixed bug 1056507: pt-archiver
The tool now checks replication lag every 100 rows instead of every row, which significantly improves efficiency.
- Fixed bug 1215587: Adding underscores to constraints when using pt-online-schema-change can create issues with constraint name length
Before, multiple schema changes lead to underscores stacking up on the name of the constraint until it reached the 64 character limit. Now there is a limit of two underscores in the prefix, then the tool alternately removes or adds one underscore, attempting to make the name unique.
- Fixed bug 1277049: pt-online-schema-change can’t connect with comma in password
For all tools, documented that commas in passwords provided on the command line must be escaped.
- Fixed bug 1441928: Unlimited chunk size when using pt-online-schema-change with
--chunk-size-limit=0inhibits checksumming of single-nibble tables
When comparing table size with the slave table, the tool now ignores
--chunk-size-limitif it is set to zero to avoid multiplying by zero.
- Fixed bug 1443763: Update documentation and/or implentation of pt-archiver
Fixed the documentation for
--check-intervalto reflect its correct behavior.
- Fixed bug 1449226: pt-archiver dies with “MySQL server has gone away” when
--innodb_kill_idle_transactionis set to a low value and
The tool now sends a dummy SQL query to avoid timing out.
- Fixed bug 1446928: pt-online-schema-change not reporting meaningful errors
The tool now produces meaningful errors based on text from MySQL errors.
- Fixed bug 1450499: ReadKeyMini causes pt-online-schema-change session to lock under some circumstances
Removed ReadKeyMini, because it is no longer necessary.
- Fixed bug 1452914:
--no-deleteare mutually exclusive, but still allowed to be specified together by pt-archiver
The tool now issues an error when
--no-deleteare specified together.
- Fixed bug 1455486: pt-mysql-summary is missing the
--ask-passoption to the tool.
- Fixed bug 1457573: pt-mysql-summary fails to download pt-diskstats pt-pmp pt-mext pt-align
curland changed download address to use HTTPS.
- Fixed bug 1462904: pt-duplicate-key-checker doesn’t support triple quote in column name
Updated TableParser module to handle literal backticks.
- Fixed bug 1488600: pt-stalk doesn’t check TokuDB status
Implemented status collection similar to how it is performed for InnoDB.
- Fixed bug 1488611: various testing bugs related to newer Perl versions