Percona is glad to announce the new release of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 on July 21st 2014. Binaries are available from downloads area or from our software repositories. We’re also happy to announce that Ubuntu 14.04 LTS users can now download, install, and upgrade Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 from Percona’s software repositories.
Based on Percona Server 5.6.19-67.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.6, and on Codership wsrep API 25.6, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.19-25.6 is now the current General Availability release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.19-25.6 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now supports storing the Primary Component state to disk by setting the pc.recovery variable to true. The Primary Component can then recover automatically when all nodes that were part of the last saved state reestablish communications with each other. This feature can be used for automatic recovery from full cluster crashes, such as in the case of a data center power outage and graceful full cluster restarts without the need for explicitly bootstrapping a new Primary Component.
- When joining the cluster, the state message exchange provides us with gcache seqno limits. That information is now used to choose a donor through IST first, and, if this is not possible, only then SST is attempted. The wsrep_sst_donor setting is honored, though, and it is also segment aware.
- An asynchronous replication slave thread was stopped when the node tried to apply the next replication event while the node was in non-primary state. But it would then remain stopped after the node successfully re-joined the cluster. A new variable, wsrep_restart_slave, has been implemented which controls if the MySQL slave should be restarted automatically when the node re-joins the cluster.
- Handling install message and install state message processing has been improved to make group forming a more stable process in cases when many nodes are joining the cluster.
- A new wsrep_evs_repl_latency status variable has been implemented which provides the group communication replication latency information.
- Node consistency issues with foreign key grammar have been fixed. This fix introduces two new variables: wsrep_slave_FK_checks and wsrep_slave_UK_checks. These variables are set to
FALSErespectively by default. They control whether Foreign Key and Unique Key checking is done for applier threads.
- Fixed the race condition in Foreign Key processing that could cause assertion. Bug fixed #1342959.
- The restart sequence in
scripts/mysql.serverwould fail to capture and return if the start call failed to start the server. As a result, a restart could occur that failed upon start-up, and the script would still return
0as if it worked without any issues. Bug fixed #1339894.
- Updating a unique key value could cause the server to hang if a slave node had enabled parallel slaves. Bug fixed #1280896.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented threadpool scheduling fixes. Bug fixed #1333348.
garbdwas returning an incorrect return code, ie. when
garbdwas already started, return code was
0. Bug fixed #1308103.
rsyncSST would silently fail on joiner when the
rsyncserver port was already taken. Bug fixed #1099783.
- When gmcast.listen_addr was configured to a certain address, the local connection point for outgoing connections was not bound to the listen address. This would happen if the OS has multiple interfaces with IP addresses in the same subnet. The OS would pick the wrong IP for a local connection point and other nodes would see connections originating from an IP address which was not listened to. Bug fixed #1240964.
- An issue with re-setting galera provider (in wsrep_provider_options) has been fixed. Bug fixed #1260283.
- Variable wsrep_provider_options couldn’t be set in runtime if no provider was loaded. Bug fixed #1260290.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster couldn’t be built with Bison 3.0. Bug fixed #1262439.
- MySQL wasn’t handling exceeding the max writeset size wsrep error correctly. Bug fixed #1270920.
- Fixed the issue which caused a node to hang/fail when
SHOW STATUSwas run after
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKwas used on a node with wsrep_causal_reads set to 1 while there was a DML on other nodes. Bug fixed #1271177.
- Lowest group communication layer (evs) would fail to handle the situation properly when a large number of nodes would suddenly start recognizing each other. Bugs fixed #1271918 and #1249805.
- Percona XtraBackup SST would fail if the progress option was used with a large number of files. Bug fixed #1294431.
NOTE: When performing an upgrade from an older 5.6 version on Debian/Ubuntu systems, in order to upgrade the Galera package correctly, you’ll need to pin the Percona repository and run:
apt-get install percona-xtradb-cluster-56. This is required because older Galera deb packages have an incorrect version number. The correct wsrep_provider_version after upgrade should be
This release contains 50 fixed bugs. The complete list of fixed bugs can be found in our release notes.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!
Percona XtraDB Cluster Errata can be found in our documentation.
[UPDATE 2014-07-24]: Package
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-client-56-5.6.19-25.6.824.el6.x86_64.rpm has been updated to resolve the conflict with
The post Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.19-25.6 is now available appeared first on MySQL Performance Blog.